Our dreams and imagination have become a valuable commodity, and social media has become a very effective way of control.
This album is the result of an experiment I did over six months as a form of cognitive resistance.The experiment consisted of different mysticism techniques such as sexual repression/excess, virtual disconnection/hyper-connection, and fasting/psychoactive overstimulation. These techniques gave me strength to create my own mythology and technology.
The music was conceived and performed with a series of instruments that include software, robotics and hand-built hardware I made during the period of the experiment. I also wrote texts and made drawings from visions.
The album was only performed in an immersive installations that created a sonic meditation environment. In the installations music is the main medium, put together with video, poetry, robotics, and ritual techniques.
Casette (sold out) released on 2018 by Buh Records (Lima). Re-isssue on vinyl (sold out) on April 2019 by Futura Resistenza (Amsterdam). If in Lima contact us here.
“A psychonautic deep dive” – Wire Magazine
“Engrossing and creatively brilliant on every count” – The Hum (full review)
“A lysergic, high level sonic engineering piece” – Zona de Obras (full review)
“A superb example of electronic experimentation” – Indie Guides
Music Piece/Sonic Meditation
Site Specific Installations/Performances
This album was heard live only in this 3 installations:
Home altar construction. Live feed for Radial Gallery. NYC 8/10/17
1. I wrote my deepest desire on a piece of paper. I rearranged the words until they became the symbol used for the album cover. The phrase was forgotten, so it can go directly to my subconscious.
2. I build the altar at my apartment using the symbol.
3. Sonic Meditation.
Video and Photos by Ameer Kazimi, courtesy of Radial Gallery
Sonic meditation for one person only at my apartment. Brooklyn 5/11/17
1. Open call for attendants, who booked sessions via email.
2. Attendants were asked to arrive alone and be in silence at all times. 12 sessions took place. Most attendants were unknown to me.
3. They entered my apartment alone. The robotic sculpture performed an improvised piece and then they listened to I Enjoy The World. I waited outside meditating.
4. At the end the door of the apartment was opened and I had a conversation with the attendants about our visions and experiences.
Sonic Meditation. Closed doors session for 10 people. Lima 7/21/17
1. Indications and instructions were sent to each participant via email
2. When they arrived, they were asked to be in silence and a text was handed out (see below)
3. Afterwards they were taken to a room where the animation video was projected.
4. Then they were taken to a dark room where they listened to the I Enjoy The World.
5. At the end lights were turned on and the participants left in silence
Photos by Aspasia Narvaez
[And in the vision I was told
That the theory of gravity would one day be a laughable belief.
That the fact that immense masses of earth and water don’t fall up into the infinite abyss of the universe has more to do with matters of repression and psychic design at a grand scale. That it is also how collective illusions like scientific thought and the sky are generated. That the sky is only there to mask the daily confrontation with the illusion of humanity. That there are universes much more beautiful in which everything is constantly falling. And that death had something to do with that.
Astral Mitosis = Karyokinesis|karyo = nucleus|kinesis = movement]
[Is the name of the first phase of Mito[Sis[
[Randomized connections]no less real]
]Schizophrenia]and]the Internet][no less real
Schizophrenia, art, creativity, curators, the internet and the control of
There is only one being and he is alone in the universe, and every single thing that exists is his hallucination. He refuses to accept nothingness with such intensity that an immense energy accumulates, generating a black hole that absorbs all nothingness and constantly generates realities. As he comes to accept that he is in absolute solitude, he comes to the painful realization that he too is an illusion. And that he must die. Imagine what the last human on this earth might feel confronting death. Or if he ended his own life. Now imagine what the universe might feel upon dying, upon ending its life. You are that being. You would have to confront all this if you decided to wake up from the psychosis of reality. Please wake up, this message comes from reality, from those that love you, please wake up. We are out here and we love you.
The spirit that protects me
is a being made of a million pounds
Translation of text by Debora Levy
40 minute extended visuals
Animations by Muriel Holguín